Kwik Foods Rasoi
- 1 eggplant
- ½ Teaspoon red chilli
- Salt to taste
- Coriander for garnishing
Baingan Bharta Recipe Simple and delicious recipe for making Baingan Bharta
Baingan Bharta is a Punjabi recipe in which the baingan is first cooked on fire to get smokey flavour . Bhuna masala of Ginger, green chillies ,tomatoes & onion are used in it, which enhances its taste
Serve the Baingan Bharta with Dal Tadka and Phulka for dinner.
Although it can also be eaten with roti but it has the best combination with parathas. Not only this, Raita can also be served with it which doubles its taste.
Ingredients to make Baingan Bharta
- Rinse the eggplant and pat dry. Brush it with little oil all over. Then make few slits all over the eggplant with a knife. Put the eggplant directly on heat and roast, turning often for around 10-12 minutes until completely roasted.
- Once roasted (to check if its done, insert a knife inside the eggplant, it should go easily) use a pair of tongs to remove the eggplant from heat and wrap in an aluminium foil to cool.
- Once cooled, remove the skin.
- Transfer the roasted eggplant to a bowl and mash using a fork or potato masher. Set it
- Add in 1 cup peas and stir well. cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Take pan & add 60 gms(4 tablespoon) of Kwik Tadka along with it add two tablespoon of water & stir for minute.
- Add the red chili powder and mix.
- Also add the coriander powder and salt and mix to combine. Cook the bharta for another 10 minutes on medium-low heat, stirring often.
- Stir in the chopped coriander and mix. Remove pan from heat.
Now eat it with hot roti or ghee rice.