Kwik Foods Rasoi
- Kidney beans (Rajma)
- Kwik Tadka
- (Spices) coriander, turmeric, kashmiri red chili, garam masala and salt.
Punjabi Rajma Recipe Simple and delicious
Rajma is a favorite dish of Punjabis; its taste is delicious to eat; Rajma is beneficial for digestion. Controls cholesterol. Everyone likes rice with Rajma.
Ingredients to make Punjabi Rajma Recipe
- Soak one kidney beans overnight in 4 cups of water. In the morning, drain the water in which the beans were soaked and then transfer them to a pressure cooker.
Add 3.5 cups water, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pressure cook on high heat for 1 whistle, then lower the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally. If using an Instant Pot, pressure cook for around 45 minutes at high pressure with natural pressure release.
- Beans should be completely soft when done. Set aside.
- To a pan, add 1 teaspoon of oil ,add the cumin seeds and let them sizzle. Add 60 grams of kwik tadka (3-4)tablespoons along with it and add 2 tablespoons of water. Stir
- Then add the spices- coriander, turmeric, kashmiri red chili, garam masala and salt.
- Mix and cook on medium-low heat for around 1 mins
- Add the boiled beans along with all the water in which they were boiled. I added an additional 1 cup water here. Stir well and set heat to low-medium.
- Let the curry simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. In between use a potato masher to mash some of the beans. This makes the curry creamier and thickens it.
- Then after it has simmered for 10 minutes, add kasuri methi and cilantro. I also added another 1/2 cup water here as it became quite thick while simmering. You can adjust consistency to preference.
- Finally add a tablespoon of ghee and mix. Turn off the heat. If you want you can fry some ginger julienne in ghee and then add that to the rajma too.